Among all card games, the game poker stands out and Texas Hold’em is one of the most played and popular variations of poker. This game attracts lots of people, especially players from the Philippines. Many online casinos even host major tournaments around the world. But one of the best things about this game is that it is fast-paced and the rules are very easy to learn.
Moreover, you can play Texas Hold’em Poker both for fun or real money. Like other poker games, you can use different strategies to increase your chances of winning. Our complete guide will help you learn all about Texas Hold’em, including the rules, pro tips and strategies, and all else in between.
Play Texas Hold ’em Poker at a Top Online Casino in the Philippines:
|1||Welcome Bonus 100% up to ₱7,000 + 120 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUS20Bet Casino Review|
|2||Welcome Bonus up to ₱50,000 + 175 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUSGG.BET Casino Review|
|3||100% Bonus Up To ₱18,000||CLAIM BONUS22BET Casino Review|
|4||First Deposit Bonus 100% up to ₱10,000 in Live Casino||CLAIM BONUSMega Casino World Review|
|5||Deposit ₱100 Receive ₱250||CLAIM BONUSK9Win Casino Review|
|6||Deposit Bonus up to 50 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUST1Bet Casino Review|
|7||100% Slots Welcome Bonus up to ₱8000||CLAIM BONUSFAFA191 Casino Review|
|8||Welcome Bonus up to ₱96,000 + 290 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUSMELBET Casino Review|
|9||Welcome Bonus 100% up to $1000||CLAIM BONUSKryptosino Casino Review|
|10||Casino Welcome Bonus up to 250%||CLAIM BONUSPNXBET Casino Review|
What is Texas Hold’em Poker?
Texas Hold’em is, indeed, one of the most popular poker variants. Between 2 to 11 players can play using 52 cards. The two players in the game are the two blinds – a small blind and a big blind. The small blind player has to bet a predetermined amount and the big blind must wager double that. Each player decides whether to call, fold, or raise the bet. Once decided, the dealer deals 3 cards, face-up. After that, there are two betting rounds where one or more face-up cards are dealt with.
It is believed that the history of Texas Hold’em Poker began in 1900. Of course, as the name suggests – in the town of Texas. A team of poker lovers took it to Las Vegas and then it spread to other parts of the country. Initially, the game was known as Hold’em Poker. It then became popular in Nevada and later in 1988, Hold’em Poker became legal in California.
Texas Hold’em Poker Glossary
Before you start playing this kind of poker, it is essential to learn the most common terms. They include:
- Shark: an experienced poker player who can identify playing patterns and can read other players.
- No Limit Poker: the number of chips you can wager in a single hand is unlimited.
- Pre-flop: the betting which precedes the flop in a game (After seeing the hole cards, each player now has the option to play hand by calling or raising the big blind).
- Burn Card: the top card which the dealer discards to prevent cheating.
- Ante: the compulsory chips for all players to put into the pot before dealing the cards.
- Bluff: a bet by a player with a weak hand which forces other players to fold.
- Buy In: the cost of entering a poker game/tournament.
|1||Welcome Bonus 100% up to $500||CLAIM BONUSbet O bet Casino Review|
Texas Hold’em Poker Rules
The basic aim in poker is to use your hole card in combination with the community cards to get the best 5-card poker hand. In addition, the players make their hands in this variation slightly different from other variations. Here are the three main rules in Hold’em Poker:
- The Flop: The flop comes after the preflop round ends. The dealer deals the top card face down, followed by three cards face-up.
- The Turn: After the flop round ends, the dealer burns one card face-down out of play followed by a single card face-up. The third betting round starts immediately after.
- The River: The dealer only deals with the river if there is more than one player left. I.e. more than one player didn’t fold during any of the previous streets. Like in the turn, one card burns face down, followed by a single card face-up.
How to Play
Before you start playing Texas Hold’em, you must know the key aspects of the game. That includes the positions on the table and the betting rounds. Here are the simple steps to playing Hold’em Poker:
- Dealer Button and Blind Bets: The ‘Dealer Button’ is the position which serves as a reference point to the dealer in the game. The blind bets are forced bets which the two players to the left of the dealer must play.
Before the game begins, the player immediately clockwise from the button posts the “small blind”, the first forced bet. The player immediately clockwise from the small blind posts the “big blind”, which is typically twice the size of the small blind, but the blinds can vary depending on the stakes and betting structure being played. In Limit games, the big blind is the same as the small bet, and the small blind is typically half the size of the big blind but may be larger depending on the stakes.
- The Hole Cards: The dealer will deal 2 cards face down to each player. Once every player has received hole cards, the first round of betting starts. The game then continues in a clockwise direction and has three options – fold, call, raise.
- The Flop: After the first betting round, the first three community cards are dealt face-up at the center of the table. Once the flop ends, the second round of betting starts. The betting options in the second round are check (declining to bet, but keeping the cards), bet, call (matching the amount the previous player has bet), raise (increasing previous bet), and fold.
- The Turn: The turn is the fourth community card and comes face up. The third betting round starts after the turn card has been dealt.
- The River: The fifth and last community card to be dealt is known as the ‘River’. Then each player will know their best five-card hand based on the seven cards they must choose from.
- The Showdown: If there is more than one player remaining after the last round, they have to put in the same amount of chips. The ‘Showdown’ then determines the player with the best hand and the winner of the money in the pot.
Texas Hold’ em Tips and Strategies
Texas Hold’ em poker is partially a game of chance. However, it’s not just about luck. Indeed, there are a few things you can do. The following poker tips and strategies can increase your chances of landing a big win:
- Make sure you know and understand all the rules of Hold’ em poker.
- Practice for free first and then move on to real money gaming.
- Learn bankroll management skills. Remember to set a budget and spend wisely.
- Learn to play on multiple tables. This is a fast-track to winning – the more tables, the more opportunities to win.
- Put your rival on a range of hands.
Learn Texas Hold’em in Less Than 4 Minutes!
Texas Hold’em Poker is both an exciting and highly rewarding casino game. It attracts players of all kinds – both new and experienced ones. Though this game seems simple, we highly recommend starting with the free mode first. In order to ensure you know exactly what decision to make at any time, practice before you advance to playing for real money. Additionally, it is important to master all the key terms as well. Finally, don’t forget that knowing the rules is not everything and the platform you select is just as important. Browse our collection of casino reviews and find a reputable casino in the Philippines.
There are 4 betting rounds in this game - pre-flop, post-flop, after the burn and after the river.
A standard Texas Hold’em game has 2 to 10 players on a single table.
This game combines 2 hole cards with 5 community cards to get a total of 7 cards.
Yes, of course. This is a popular poker variant and most casinos will have a mobile version.
Yes. Browse the game library at various live casinos and surely you’ll find a platform that offers it.
|1||Welcome Bonus Package Up To $3,000 + 200 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUSSlotWolf Casino Review|