Craps is a fun and exciting casino classic that you can find at most online casinos in the Philippines nowadays. However, this dice game can be intimidating, especially because of the numerous betting options. Many Filipino punters love it because it is has a fast pace and is full of action. Moreover, the house edge is low and that increases your chances of landing massive wins.
But like with all other casino games, you must learn the basics first. Of course, you should also practice with the free version before you start playing for real money. Continue reading our complete guide to discover more about online craps. We’ll explore the history of the game, the playing rules and bet options. In addition, you’ll also find what are the best and worst bets and get useful tips.
Top Online Casinos to Play Craps in 2022:
|1||100% Bonus Up To ₱18,000||CLAIM BONUS22BET Casino Review|
|2||Welcome Bonus 100% Up To ₱25,000||CLAIM BONUSPNXBET Casino Review|
|3||Welcome Bonus up to ₱50,000 + 175 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUSGG.BET Casino Review|
|4||Welcome Bonus up to ₱96,000 + 290 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUSMELbet Casino Review|
|5||Welcome Bonus 200% Up To ₱100,000||CLAIM BONUSWhite Lion Casino Review|
|6||Welcome Bonus Package $1500||CLAIM BONUS888 Casino Review|
|7||Welcome Bonus 100% up to $120 + 120 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUS20Bet Casino Review|
|8||Welcome Bonus Package $1500||CLAIM BONUS777 Casino Review|
|9||Welcome Bonus 100% up to $750 + 200 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUSPowbet Casino Review|
|10||Welcome Package ₱75,000 + 180 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUSGalaxyno Casino Review|
History of Craps
The history of craps is quite interesting, indeed. This game is a variation (or a hybrid) of the British Hazard game and the French game Crabes. The Hazard game was invented by Sir William of Tyre in the early 1100s. Soon, Bernard Xavier took it to New Orleans from London and simplified it. Of course, this made it more popular.
Craps then got famous in the Riverboats that occupied the Missippi River. However, the casinos started abusing the game by using unfair dice. But thankfully John H Winn came to the rescue. He changed the rules and created the craps table layout which is still used to this day.
How to Play Craps
Although craps may appear complicated at the beginning, it is really not that hard. This casino favorite comes with a rather low edge of 1.41%. In other words, you are guaranteed to collect 99% of every wager you play. But similar to other popular casino games like roulette, video poker and blackjack, craps has different rules that you must follow.
In this game, you bet on a sequence of rolls of a dice. The player that rolls the dice is referred to as the ‘shooter’ in craps. The shooter rolls the dice until he/she hits a seven or ‘sevens out’. But the role of the shooter moves clockwise after each round, so it’s not all on one person.
Here are the simple rules you must know before you start playing craps:
- Craps has numerous bet options but the game is based on the pass line bet.
- In order to place a bet, you should put some chips on the craps layout.
- The pass sequence begins with a come-out roll. Then the shooter will throw the dice.
- A 7 or 11 guarantees a win. But if it is 2, 3 or 12 – it’s a loss. All other numbers are considered point numbers.
- If the shooter rolls a point number during the comeout, he/she should keep rolling until the same number comes about again. However, rolling a seven in this case is a loss.
- If the shooter makes a point, he continues rolling with a new comeout. Alternatively, the shooter can “seven out” to give a chance to the next one.
|1||Welcome Package up to $1500 + 150 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUSJVSpin Casino Review|
Types of Bets in Craps
There are plenty of bet options available in the game craps. In this section, we have all the basic ones that everyone should know about. Even if you’re not a beginner, this is a great refresher.
Pass Line Bet
This is the first wager you must make. The most important thing about the pass line bet is that it is always placed before the come-out roll. Depending on the casino, sometimes only the shooter has to place a bet beforehand. But at other platforms everyone who is looking to bet should wager. When it comes to rolling a seven in this case, it depends on whether or not there is an established point. If there is – seven wins you the pass line. However, without a point a seven means you lose.
Don’t Pass Line Bet
Essentially, this is the opposite of the pass line wager. And just like its counterpart, the don’t pass line bet should be placed before the comeout roll. Here, it’s a little simpler to remember – a two or a three guarantees you a in. On the other hand you will lose if you get a seven or eleven. However, if you roll a 12 – you push.
Odds bets are rather simple to wrap your head around. Think of what happens when you establish the point with a pass line bet. It’s exactly the same here! Hit the point and you will win. But if you roll a seven first, you’ll lose your wager.
After the point has been established, you can make a come bet. Come bets pretty much work like a pass line one. Essentially, the one major difference is in when you place your bet. But otherwise, they establish a point and pay just like the pass line. Not difficult to remember at all.
When it comes to the field bet, once you have placed a wager it will always be settled with the next roll. Generally, the payout is 1:1. However, there is an exception – rolling 2 or 12 wil pay you double, or 2:1. Here’s how it works:
- Win: Roll 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12.
- Lose: Roll 5, 6, 7 or 8.
With a hardways bet, you bet that either 4, 6, 8 or 10 will be rolled as doubles. So if any of the numbers show up – that’s the Hardway. Essentially, you are betting that your chosen number will land the Hardways before a 7.
Next Roll Bet
These wagers are based on the outcome of the next roll of the dice. It’s simple – you win by predicting the results of the next roll. The best thing about next roll bets is the high payouts. However, you can only bet on ‘Boxcars’, ‘Aces’, ‘Ace Deuce’, ‘Any 11’, ‘Any Craps’, and ‘Any 7’.
Best and Worst Bets
Like with other casino games, there are some great and some not so great bet options. The best ones also happen to have the highest payouts. These include the Pass and Don’t Pass bets, the free odds bets and the come bets. On the flip side, the worst bets have a very high house edge. Field bets, Hardways bets, Big 6 and Big 8 bets, and Buy bets are all in this category.
Before starting your craps journey, it is important to get yourself familiar with the lingo. The following are some of the common terms that you will come across while playing craps.
- Ace Deuce: This is a bet that the next roll will be a three.
- Action: All bets that are currently active.
- Any Craps: This is a wager that the next roll will be 2, 3 or 12.
- Cold Dice: It’s an expression to describe when there’s no one rolling the point.
- Come Bet: This is a wager made after the point has been established.
- Front Line: This is another name for the pass line bet.
- Garden: Slang term for the field bet.
- Hi-Lo-Yo: It is a one-roll bet on two, eleven and twelve.
- Payoff: The payoff is what you get if your wager wins.
- Place Numbers: These are the numbers 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 10.
- Wrong Bettor: The player who bets on the don’t pass line against everyone else.
- Seven Out: If you roll a seven before rolling the point – it’s a seven out.
|1||Welcome Bonus up to ₱96,000 + 290 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUSMELbet Casino Review|
Craps Winning Strategies and Tips
Whether you are a beginner or a veteran craps player, these tips and strategies are something to always keep in mind. They will help you to increase the chances of winning in a craps game.
- Bankroll Management: Learning bankroll management skills will help to budget the money you have. This is key to responsible gambling.
- Learn the Basics: Know the rules before you start playing, regardless of what the game is. This way you know exactly what’s going on at all times.
- Practice: It is essential to practice craps in free mode, especially when you’re just starting. Once sure in your game, it’s time to make that cash.
- Avoid ‘worst’ bet: Try by all means to avoid the ‘worst’ bets. They’re not worth the risk.
- Stay Disciplined: Since craps is an action-packed game, be careful not to get carried away. Play within your means and the realm of reasonable.
- Understand the bets: Craps has dozens of bets, take the time to learn each one of them before you decide which one to use.
Now that you know everything about craps, it’s time to play. This table game classic is not at all as complicated as many people tend to perceive it. Although there are lots of betting options to choose from, they are quite easy to understand. Moreover, the low house edge makes for an amazing opportunity to win some big cash. However, before you start playing craps for real cash, remember to practice first. At our casino library, you’ll find some of the top online platforms for craps. There you can play both for free and for real money!
Yes, you can play craps for real money at just about any reputable online casino in the Philippines.
The most popular bet options in the Philippines are: Pass Line bet, Don’t Pass bet, Free Odds, and Come bets.
No, online craps are not rigged because they have a random number generator (RNG) software which is audited for fairness.
The difference between live and online craps is that the latter has a slower pace. Also, the table limits for online craps are lower.
|1||Welcome Package up to $1000||CLAIM BONUSZodiacBet Casino Review|