If you enjoy playing games of chance like bingo and lottery you’ll certainly enjoy online keno as well. Originally coming from China, this game has become very popular at casinos all over the world. Moreover, most online casinos in the Philippines offer online keno both for free and real money play.
Much like other games of chance, keno offers the opportunity to win huge prizes against a small investment upfront. In addition, this is one of the easiest games to learn and is therefore very suitable for novice gamblers. Because of its incredibly simple gameplay, keno is also very mobile-friendly. Read our complete guide to learn how to play and join the fun.
Play Keno at the Best Online Casinos in 2023:
|1||Welcome Bonus 100% up to ₱7,000 + 120 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUS20Bet Casino Review|
|2||Welcome Bonus up to ₱75,000 + 500 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUSGG.BET Casino Review|
|3||100% Bonus Up To ₱18,000||CLAIM BONUS22BET Casino Review|
|4||First Deposit Bonus 100% up to ₱300||CLAIM BONUSMega Casino World Review|
|5||First Deposit Bonus 100% up to ₱6000 + 100 FS||CLAIM BONUSHellSpin Casino Review|
|6||Welcome Bonus 150% up to ₱500||CLAIM BONUSPlae8 Casino Review|
|7||100% Slots Welcome Bonus||CLAIM BONUSOtsoBet Casino Review|
|8||Welcome Bonus 300%||CLAIM BONUSJiliko Casino Review|
|9||Slots Welcome Bonus 100% up to ₱3888||CLAIM BONUSBetLead Casino Review|
|10||400% Welcome Bonus + No Deposit ₱100 Free Bet||CLAIM BONUSSuperAce88 Casino Review|
From Ancient China to Modern Casinos
Although a modern casino favorite, keno is a game with a very long history. In fact, this game first appeared over 2000 years ago in China. Many believe that it was Han Dynasty’s Cheung Leung who invented the game to raise funds for the armies during the war. Moreover, keno is rumored to have assisted in the construction of the Great Wall of China.
However, the version of keno we know today is a little different from what Chinese people played centuries ago. Initially, carrier birds were used to deliver the winning numbers from cities to remote villages. Hence why people referred to the game as ‘the white pigeon game’. Furthermore, at the time keno could use up to 120 numbers as opposed to the 80 we play with today.
But despite the few changes along the way, the game withstood the test of time thanks to its simple rules and entertaining gameplay. Keno was then taken to the U.S. by the Chinese immigrants where it quickly gained momentum. There the game became popular as the ‘Chinese Lottery’. Today, keno is available in most online casinos in the Philippines and around the world.
How to Play Keno
Playing keno is actually quite simple and straightforward. Basically, your objective is to predict what numbers will be drawn from a pool of 80 possible digits. Your winnings will then be calculated based on the number of digits you guessed correctly against the total number of possibilities. Of course, depending on what variation of keno you play, how many spots you get to pick will vary.
When it comes to playing keno online, the interface of the game resembles that of a slot machine. This virtual machine is known as a hopper and its purpose is to randomly draw numbers. The actual selection of numbered spots is simple – just click on the ones you want and then select the ‘draw’ option. Once you decide to start the draw the game unfolds much faster.
Selecting Keno Numbers
There are two methods you can use to select numbers in keno. You can either pick your lucky spots manually or let the automated button randomly choose for you. Of course, depending on the keno variation the amount of spots you get to pick varies. But generally, you will have to select anywhere from 4 to 10 numbers out of the 80 possible.
Conveniently, while you are making your selection a paytable will be on your screen. This chart will show you how much you stand to win if you match certain spots. Additionally, there are some keno games that will also show you ‘hot’ and ‘cold’ numbers. Hot numbers are those that appear more often than others and vice versa. Naturally, the more matching numbers you get, the bigger the payouts.
Drawing Keno Numbers
The action in keno is rather fast-paced once you start the draw. So all you need to do is pick your numbers and press the button to trigger the software. Depending on the casino, the button to draw may be labelled as ‘Play’ or ‘Start’. Whatever the case, as soon as you click on it the computer will select a few random digits. By that point the only thing left to do is to collect your winnings. Sometimes, there may be an additional option for side bets before the drawing stage.
|1||Welcome Bonus 99% up to ₱2,000||CLAIM BONUSEU9 Casino Review|
Basic Keno Glossary
Much like other casino games, keno uses a few specific terms. Here are the most important ones that every player should know about:
- Balls – both regular and online keno games use balls (real or virtual) with numbers from 1 to 80 to draw the lucky digits.
- Caller – in live keno games a casino employee calls the drawn numbers.
- Flashboard – a digital display board showing all the drawn numbers in keno.
- Way Ticket – a ticket with two or more bets.
- Spot – keno tickets feature a grid with all possible numbers each of which has a separate spot.
- Race – a single keno game.
- Pattern – the shape that the selected numbers form on the keno ticket.
- Hit – when a selected number is drawn in keno.
- Payoff – the amount you win when you correctly guess keno numbers.
- Close – when no more tickets are accepted in keno.
Pro Tips and Strategies for Keno
Although keno is a pure game of luck, there are some strategies that you can use to increase your odds of winning. Here are some of the best pro tips for playing keno online:
- Bankroll Management: The golden rule is to not wager more than you can afford to lose. Master money management will allow you to play responsibly.
- Understand Keno Odds: It is essential to understand that keno odds are not favorable despite it being a simple casino game. So you should not focus only on big wins but on small payouts as well.
- Play Consecutive Numbers: Like most lotto games, playing consecutive numbers is a great strategy to increase your winning opportunities.
- Avoid Picking Many Numbers: The optimal strategy is choosing 5 to 6 consecutive numbers.
- Play Cold Numbers: Focusing on the numbers that have not been hit recently can yield big payouts if you succeed.
- Play Hot Numbers: Focusing on the numbers that come up often makes it more likely to get frequent but small payouts.
- Repeat the Same Numbers: Play the same number over and over until you win. It’s a game of chance so it’s bound to happen eventually.
- Play in Free Mode: Take advantage of the free games to practice before you start playing for real money.
- Play at a Reputable Casino: You should research your casino to make sure it is safe and has a good reputation online.
- 10 Keno Numbers: Select ten numbers that you will play with – sooner or later they will get drawn.
|1||Welcome Bonus Package 300% up to €1000||CLAIM BONUSWildTornado Casino Review|
Playing Keno Online
Playing keno at an online casino is not only fun but also offers great opportunities to profit. Nonetheless, a major challenge is finding a good platform that you can rely on. Here are some of the things to consider when selecting a your gaming destination:
- License and Security – Ultimately, an online casino without a license is simply not safe. The same applies to security systems like SSL encryption to protect your data.
- Bonuses and Promotions – A decent variety of bonuses and promotions for new and existing players is always desirable. But more importantly, the wagering requirements and general terms should be friendly.
- Payment Options – A good online casino should support at least a couple dozen deposit and withdrawal options. Look for one that supports various bank cards and transfers, e-wallets, and cryptocurrencies.
- Types of Games – There should be a fairly big selection of online casino games to play, including popular ones like slots, roulette, and blackjack. A few less common options like bingo and scratch cards are always a good sign.
- Software Developers – Good online casinos always partner with multiple software companies. Big names like Microgaming, NetEnt, or Playtech mean that you can expect only high-quality games.
- Customer Support – The customer support service should be available 24/7 and through multiple channels, including email, live chat, and telephone.
Online keno is one of the easiest games to play which is why it’s so popular. You can find this game of chance at most online casinos in the Philippines. Moreover, you don’t need to memorize any special strategies or learn extra skills due to the nature of the game. Hence why this is a great choice for players of all skill levels. Now that you know how to play it, all that’s left is to find a great online casino. You can read our casino reviews to discover more about the top gaming platforms out there and choose the right one for you.
Keno is a lottery-style game of chance that is played with a total of 80 balls.
Yes, it is very safe. At reputable casinos, a random number generator (RNG) software determines the outcomes.
Yes, there are keno Android and iOS apps that are compatible with most mobile devices. Check with your casino to see if they offer this option.
Yes, you can play keno in free mode at most online casinos.
Yes, you can use different strategies to increase your chances of winning like playing only hot or cold numbers.
|1||Welcome Package ₱90,000 + 175 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUSSuperlines Casino Review|