Mainstream movies, especially the James Bond series, have made roulette games incredibly popular. Nowadays this table game classic is a top choice for players at online casinos in the Philippines. Of course, this is a game with a long history and many different variations. But one of the most played versions is European roulette.
Indeed because it’s so fun and has the potential for huge returns, it’s a must-play game for many players. In our guide, we will go over all the essentials together. Stick around and discover the history of the game, learn how to play, and get tips on how to win.
Play European Roulette at Philippine’s Top Casinos in 2023:
|1||Welcome Bonus 100% up to ₱7,000 + 120 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUS20Bet Casino Review|
|2||Welcome Bonus up to ₱75,000 + 500 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUSGG.BET Casino Review|
|3||100% Bonus Up To ₱18,000||CLAIM BONUS22BET Casino Review|
|4||First Deposit Bonus 100% up to ₱300||CLAIM BONUSMega Casino World Review|
|5||First Deposit Bonus 100% up to ₱6000 + 100 FS||CLAIM BONUSHellSpin Casino Review|
|6||Welcome Bonus 150% up to ₱500||CLAIM BONUSPlae8 Casino Review|
|7||100% Slots Welcome Bonus||CLAIM BONUSOtsoBet Casino Review|
|8||Welcome Bonus 300%||CLAIM BONUSJiliko Casino Review|
|9||Slots Welcome Bonus 100% up to ₱3888||CLAIM BONUSBetLead Casino Review|
|10||400% Welcome Bonus + No Deposit ₱100 Free Bet||CLAIM BONUSSuperAce88 Casino Review|
What Is European Roulette?
Back in the 18th century, Blaise Pascal was on a mission to create a perpetual motion device. Unfortunately his dream didn’t come true. But instead, he created the game of roulette which is now an all-time casino favorite. The simplicity of the game and potential for high payouts made the game popular first in France and later in Europe.
However, it was Francois Blanc who would propel the game to new heights. He came up with the idea to add a single zero pocket. This gave casinos a higher edge and they began to facilitate the game even more. Although the Americans added a second zero to get an even bigger house edge, the European version is still the most popular in Europe.
The European Roulette Wheel and Table Layout
The most important component of a roulette set up is the wheel. Normally, it’s located at the head of the table and is also usually slightly raised. Depending on the casino, it may be made of exquisite materials to convey a luxury feel. However, the most important part of the wheel is on the inside.
Around the circular wheel there are pockets with numbers ranging from 1 to 36. Each grooved pocket is either black or red and this is where the ball eventually settles. Additionally, European roulette has a single zero pocket in green. So in total the number of pockets is 37.
At the other end of the table is the betting area, i.e. the layout. It has the 36 numbers printed in 3 columns and 12 rows. Of course, this is where you place your bet using chips. In order to do that, simply place your chips on the corresponding place on the mat.
|1||Welcome Bonus 100% up to $1000||CLAIM BONUSKryptosino Casino Review|
How to Play European Roulette
Playing European roulette is fairly simple. First, it all begins when you place your bet on the layout. Then the croupier will announce the bet and tell you the odds of winning. This is before spinning the wheel and tossing the ball in the opposite direction. But of course, in order to play, you should know all of your bet options. There are a number of bets you can make and they can be divided into two categories:
These bets are on the inside of the table layout and each bet has a different payout.
- Straight bet – A bet on a single number. Has the highest payout of 35 to 1.
- Split bet – A bet on two neighboring numbers with a payout of 17 to 1.
- Street bet – A bet on 3 numbers within the same row (11 to 1 payout).
- Corner bet – A bet on 4 numbers which makes a square (8 to 1 payout).
- Double street – A bet on two neighboring rows (5 to 1 payout).
Any bet made on the outside of the layout is an outside bet and your options are as follows:
- High/low – you can bet on high numbers (19-36) or low numbers (1-18) with 1 to 1 payout.
- Odd/even – you can bet on either odd or even numbers also with 1 to 1 payout.
- Red/black – a bet on red or black numbers (1 to 1 payout).
- Column – a bet on 12 numbers in a single row (2 to 1 payout).
- Dozen bet – a bet on a dozen – 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36 (2 to 1 payout).
Effective Betting Strategies
Although roulette in all its forms is mostly a game of chance, you can still implement a strategy to give yourself an edge. Along the way many players have tried to create winning strategies for roulette. However, only a few have been effective:
- The Martingale System: This is the most popular system and it involves doubling your bet on every loss. But when you win you should start over. Essentially, with this strategy you can make up any previous losses when you eventually win.
- The Paroli System – This is basically the anti-Martingale system and has a different approach. So when you win you double the bet size and bet the same amount if you lose.
- The James Bond Strategy – It involves splitting your bet into 3. Assuming you initially had $20, $1 goes on zero and $5 on a double street bet between 13 and 18. The remaining $14 goes on a high bet for numbers 19 to 36.
|1||Welcome Bonus 200% up to ₱110,000 + 50 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUSBronze Casino Review|
Tips for Beginners
Especially if you are a beginner, we have a few roulette tips. In order to play like a pro, you should keep in mind a couple of basics:
- Spread your bet – For example, the James Bond strategy is effective. Because you’re betting on 25 numbers out of 37 it increases your odds of winning. Hence why outside bets are preferred.
- Choose low odd bets – Outside bets may have low payouts, but the odds of winning are higher. Simply put, it’s better to make many small bets than to lose one big bet.
- Make use of free offers – Try your hand at roulette in free mode first, in order to practice. Don’t forget to boost your bankroll with casino bonuses, too.
European roulette is one of the most popular choices for Filipino players. It’s fun, simple, and has the potential for big rewards. As long as you know the rules and your bet options, you can be sure to win some cash. However, you shouldn’t lose yourself in the fun and stick to your plan. Practice game for free until you feel comfortable and then head to the real money gaming, Check our reviews of real money online casinos, you will find an excellent destination for your European roulette journey.
Simply pick a bet, place your chips and wait for the ball to settle. If you’re right - you win!
Most online casinos will usually offer the game. But you need to find reliable game developers to have a great experience.
Physical casinos may have minimum table limits, but with online casinos, you can play with a minimal bankroll.
Yes. Many players make a lot of money on the roulette table with some luck on their side.
Yes. Game developers always optimize roulette for mobile play while maintaining quality.
|1||Welcome Package Up To ₱70,000 + 100 Free Spins||CLAIM BONUSbCasino Review|