The Philippines is really a welcoming country for internet sports betting and has officially authorized online sports books, online casinos and even online bingo. Most Filipinos are aware of the legal sports betting options that are licensed through Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR). In the Metro Manila area alone there are more than 20 PAGCOR certified sports betting options. There are also sports betting outlets in PAGCOR’s casinos in Paranaque, Pavilion, Heritage and Angeles.
Nationwide it is possible to wager over the telephone with Mega Sports World. They even have a website that shows the odds online. In this article I focus not on that option but slightly the alternatives. This is of course online betting with foreign websites.
Why to Use Foreign Betting Sites?
First be aware of that online gambling or sports betting is a not a crime. Before this was a legal debate, but in January 2012 the appeals court confirmed it is not against the law for Philippines residents to use foreign online gambling sites. This was a significant ruling for poker because there are no Philippines licensed poker sites that give the amount of www.pokerstars.com. This is the most popular site all over the world and the one most Filipinos also use this. With this ruling, loads of are now also looking out of the country for online betting options.
The reason why PAGCOR licensed bookies are not identified for offering the best odds. For instance the opening weekend of English Premier League, Mega Sports World (MSW) was offering, Arsenal 1.36, Sunderland 10.00, and Draw 4.80. Shopping around with foreign betting sites I was able to get better odds on all three selections. This included Arsenal 1.40 at 888Sport, Draw 5.14 and Sunderland 10.13 at Pinnacle Sports. Actually in online betting you will hardly find a PAGCOR licensed betting source giving the best odds on a sporting event. There’s also the fact foreign sports betting sites offer in-play, live betting, have more markets, and also support other gambling options like online poker.
Even it is not prohibited to use foreign betting sites but several of these websites do not allow residents of the Philippines. This is because many have business operations here. This includes Asian bookmakers licensed in Cagayan Freeport, and some online betting sites spreading their attached live dealer casinos here, as well as others that have phone support centers here. Although it would be legal for players to use these sites, there are other laws that apply on the operator end that make it illegal for them to allow residents of the Philippines.
The Best Sports Betting Sites and Bookmakers for the Philippines
If you want to get better odds and extra betting options than PAGCOR bookmakers offer, there are several foreign sites that accept action from Filipino sports bettors. In spite of the absence of a few top-rated bookies, Filipinos still have their pick of outstanding online bookmakers like 5 Dimes Sportsbook, Bookmaker.eu, Pinnacle Sportsbook, Betfair, Nordicbet or vBet. Filipino sports gambling lovers are familiar with the detail that Bets10 and Parimatch work to the highest industry standards.
All of these trusted online bookmakers and many more have built solid reputations by offering competitive odds, a wide variety of betting options, and the most modern betting features such as live casino, pool betting and partial cash out. Filipino sports betting followers are advices to take a look at the bookmaker reviews before joining any site.
Most Popular Sports
Sports are a big part of Filipino customs as millions of people contribute in, watch, and even bet on a wide range of sporting events. Tennis, badminton, volleyball and boxing are few of the most admired sports in the Philippines as are cricket, baseball, horse racing, and Australian Rules football. Basketball, cockfighting, and jai alai all get pleasure from a very high profile here.
Sports Betting Bonuses and Free Bets for Filipino Players
Bonuses come in the form of free money for use within the sportsbook. The typical sportsbook bonus type is what is known as a match bonus, where a player’s deposit is matched by a percentage up to a definite amount. Other bonuses revolve around mobile and live betting. Bonuses come with their own terms and conditions about payouts, so be sure to read through them before claiming them. To claim a bonus, simply enter the right promo code when submitting your deposit. Promo codes are readily available on the site’s Bonus page.
Filipino sports gamblers who are looking for a trustworthy online bookmaker that offers great bonuses are in luck. The $100 welcome bonus that EfBet is giving away is pretty trendy too. Infinite, even better free bets open to Filipino customers can be found at MyBookie where you can get free plays of much higher value.
Depositing and Withdrawing Options in the Philippines
There is lots of deposit and withdrawal options are available. You need to use US dollars when visiting Philippine online sportsbooks, but you’ll be able to use Spanish-language and English-language versions of most sites. Several banking methods which cater to Spanish-language bettors are included on the list below.
Philippine Deposit Options
- Credit Card: Visa and MasterCard are free of charge and fast deposit methods. The minimum deposit is $10 and the maximum is $30,000.
- Debit Card: Visa Debit, Visa Electro n, and Maestro debit payments are free of charge and fast. The minimum/maximum deposits using debit are $10 and $30,000.
- Skrill: Skrill is an eWallet which supports free of charge and fast deposits. The minimum deposit is $10 and the max deposit is $38,000.
- Skrill 1-Tap: It is a simpler way to pay for mobile Skrill users. These free transactions have a min/max of $10 and $13,000.
- Neteller: Neteller eWallet payments are free of charge and fast, and have higher deposit limits of $20 and $50,000.
- Todito Cash: Todito Cash is a rechargeable prepaid card covering the Mexican states of Nuevo Leon, Coahuila, and Tamaulipas, but is on hand as a deposit manner in the Philippines.
- PaySafeCard: The web wallet formerly known as Ukash is a free of charge and fast way to make deposits between $10 and $1000.
- Entropay: This virtual prepaid card offers free of charge and fast deposits between $20 and $30,000.
- AstroPay: Another virtual prepaid card, AstroPay Card handles instant deposits for payments between $5 and $10,000 at no charge.
- Bank Wire: Electronic bank transfers which are without charge, but take 2 to 10 banking days. The deposit limits are $50 and $100,000, so this is a choice of high rollers.
- Check/Cheque: It is a free of charge payment technique for deposits between $1,500 and $80,000. This method takes 5 to 28 banking days.
Philippine Withdrawal Options
- Credit Card: Visa and MasterCard free withdrawals with a minimum withdrawal is $10 and a maximum withdrawal $30,000. These take 1 to 5 banking days to complete.
- Debit Card: Visa Debit and Maestro withdrawals also are without charge, though they take 1 to 5 banking days to complete. The minimum payout using debit is $10, while the maximum withdrawal $30,000.
- Skrill: This eWallet supports free withdrawals, with a minimum withdrawal of $10 and a max withdrawal of $38,000. Payments arrive to you within 24 hours.
- Neteller: It provides free withdrawals, with higher withdrawal limits between $20 and $50,000. Neteller withdrawals arrive within 12 hours.
- Entropay: This virtual prepaid card offers free withdrawals between $25 and $30,000. These take 24 hours to complete.
- Bank Wire: Electronic bank transfers take 2 to 10 banking days. The withdrawal limits are $40 and $50,000, so this is a favorite of high rollers. Bettors get 1 free bank wire withdrawal per month, but they cost US$9 apiece after that.
- Check/Cheque: Bank check is a free withdrawal method for transactions between $1,500 and $80,000. It takes 5 to 28 banking days.
Are Mobile Sportsbooks Available To Philippino Residents?
Along with Philippines mobile casinos, mobile sports betting is the latest improvement in the digital gambling land. There are several betting sites and games that are compatible with Apple, Android, Windows, and Blackberry devices. You can access these web-based applications through your device’s browser. Responsive design technology allows the sportsbook functioning effectively across most devices. With responsive design technology, you can use your tablet or smartphone. All of the same betting lines, wagering types, security features, etc., are available in the mobile sportsbook.
Importance of Using Multiple Betting Sites
If you actually want to make the most money betting sports then it’s important to use multiple websites and shop the odds. Before placing a bet, check out the betting sites where you have money in your account and look to see which one offers the best odds. While it might seem minor over small amounts, this is often what makes the variation between career winners and losers. Those who beat sports realize small money adds up and these punters never bet unless they’re getting the best odds. Select the websites offering best odds to Filipinos, make money and have fun.